[SLUG] finance under linux

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at medemail.com.au
Tue Sep 2 21:52:25 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 08:16 pm, doug foskey wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 September 2003 11:53 am, Adam Hewitt wrote:
, but is anyone running their business
> > finances under linux? I am not registered for GST as this will only be a
> > part time thing, but is there any GST software under linux?
yes, but I don't have to usually deal with the invoicing bits with gnucash.
I haven't found adding customers intuitive.
I certainly count the GST in and out
and at the end of the three month period
add an entry which puts the GST to zero
in such a way that the tax office cheque is calculated
I made up a little slide show which is a .sxi file for a presentation in June
and have uploaded this to
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ebilliau/Files/gnucash.sxi
you need openoffice to view it.
Liz
--
You have a deep interest in all that is artistic.