Budgeting - Let's decide what we want!

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Tue Sep 2 13:14:47 CDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 07:45:21AM -0500, David Ayers was heard to remark:
> Would it make sense to add budgeting in two phases: first, just add a
> budget bucket for each expense/income account, then go to work on the
> more flexible virtual accounts approach?
>
> I'll be glad to help in any way I can (I have almost no programming
> skills.)

Hmm.

Note: in terms of programmer effort, its usually almost the same
amount of effort to implement it 'the right way' as it is to implement
it 'any old way'.  The hardest part of programming is figuring out
what 'the right way' is.

--linas