Budgeting prototype

Dale Alspach alspach at math.okstate.edu
Fri Sep 5 17:04:13 CDT 2003

>I'm not convinced of this.  When I budget "$250 for food" I
>don't really care whether it's being paid for by cash, check,
>credit card...  All I care amount is that I'm spending $250
>on food.

Reread my post. I had no objections to the food, rent or income entries. My
objection was to changing asset and liability accounts directly with no
indication of whether this was done by moving assets and liabilities
around or allocating
income/expenses. It seems to me that there is a big difference between budgeting
only income and expenses which tells you whether you have new money to save,
invest, etc., or will need to tap savings or other assets to make ends meet, and
saying somehow this asset or liability is changing by this much.

Dale Alspach