Budgeting Summary 1 - Notification

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 5 19:03:54 CDT 2003

Hi,

Kaaren Shalom & Richard Gilligan <cosmodog at comcast.net> writes:

Great work so far.. I've got one comment:

> Proposed User Requirement #5  - One Chicken In two pots
>
> A gnucash account must be able to participate in more than one budget
> category in the same budget.

I think you have this backwards -- I think it was that one budget
category should be able to apply to more than one account.  I don't
recall hearing that a single account should be able to participate in
more than one budget, otherwise how would you know which budget
category applies to any particular transaction?

It's easy to sum together -- it's much harder to divide. ;)

I think a corellary of this (restate) requirement is that not every
account must be tied to a budget category.