Newby question.

Anton Broenink sh077771 at planet.nl
Tue Sep 9 11:15:02 CDT 2003

Please, let me introduce myself. I am Anton broenink from Rotterdam
Holland. M.Sc in  aerospace engineering, currently on long term sickness leave.
Due to my sickness my main financial issue is that my income is steadily
decreasing. I need much better budgeting instruments than MS Money offers.
So I decided to give GnuCash a try and spend 15 hours on getting used to it.

In real life 99% of my income and expense goes through one special
bankaccount, the giro (a sort Dutch of bank, unfortunatley  not specially
supported by Gnu-cash or other non-dutch software)

So I started with setting up a giro account, and after 5 more hours I
returned to MSMoney...............
MS Money at least gives me the total amount of euros I have on the account
after each payment.

Can anyone help in pointing towards a manual that explains how to set up a
giro-account in GnuCash ?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Anton broenink