Price update fails

John B. Egger john.egger at att.net
Tue Sep 9 17:42:03 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:
> "John B. Egger" <john.egger at att.net> writes:
>

>>I last updated my stock/fund prices in May, and I think I upgraded my
>>browser over the summer to Mozilla 1.4. When I tried last night to
>>update prices every one appeared on the "failed" list.
>

> What do you get from 'dump-finance-quote'?
>

>>When I first activated price-update a couple of years ago I had to run
>>some update program in a console window. Do I need to do that again,
>>and what exactly was the process?
>

> you can try "update-finance-quote" but it's unlikely that mozilla
> changed anything...  What else changed since the last time you tried?
>

>>--John
>

> -derek

Thanks, Derek... logging in as root and typing "dump-finance-quote"
(without the " ") produces a bash "command not found" message. I ran
update-finance-quote and it seemed to go fine, but still I am unable to
update any prices.

I can't think of anything else that happened during the summer. I was
away from this Linux machine and didn't do anything with it. I'm trying
a couple of old gnucash data files to see if they'll work.

PS: It's 1.6 (.1, I think); prepackaged with Xandros.

--
-- John
Registered Linux User #291592