Re Help to configure

bob parker bob_parker at dodo.com.au
Wed Sep 10 11:39:46 CDT 2003

I have just downloaded GnuCash version 1.8.5. source tarball.
My system is Debian GnuLinux Woody.

./configure gives the following error messages:

checking for glib-config... no
checking for GLIB - version >= 0.99.7... no
*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
*** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.
configure: error: Cannot find glib. Check config.log

The only glibs I can find on my system are glibc and mpeglib.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Parker