Price update fails

John B. Egger john.egger at att.net
Thu Sep 11 04:13:20 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:

> You're welcome to stop using gnucash...  That choice is always up to
> you...
>
> -derek
>
> "John B. Egger" <john.egger at att.net> writes:
>

>> Well, if this is the only solution I guess I'm done with gnucash
>> for a while. Actually, if the program's evolution causes important
>> features

Sorry to be snippy there, Derek. I like gnucash and have done a lot to
bring and keep my accounts into conformity with the balances and
transactions in
Quicken. I'll keep working with it... 1.6.6 for a while, though. I
briefly tried the 1.8 that was included in my Mandrake 9.1 CDs and it
looked as if a lot of labor was going to be required to straighten out
the account balances. I was also concerned about the lack of backward
file compatability.

Thanks for your work here. I'm sticking with Gnucash. I wish I knew
enough to actually be able to contribute to its development.

--
-- John
Registered Linux User #291592