Interested user

Jason P. Schlumbohm jpschlumbohm at comcast.net
Thu Sep 11 17:45:53 CDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:28:08 +0200, Stephan Budach (Stephan Budach <
budy at stephanbudach.de>) wrote:
> Greg Woods wrote:
>
> > "fink install gnucash" worked for me.
> >
> > --Greg
> >

> Yes, me too, but it took quite a while on my PB G4/867. Nevertheless,
> its a great piece of software. Unfortuanetly fink still does not run
> Panther.
>
> Stephan

My first couple tries at "fink install gnucash" gave me errors, but
only after crunching for quite a long time. So, rather than try in vain
to install in one fell swoop again, I broke the install down into
pieces by following the "Software Dependencies" page (http://
www.gnucash.org/en/required.phtml). I went down the list installing
them one-by-one (e.g. installing guile, glide, gtkHTML, guppi, &c).
Since some of the packages are quite large and/or have many
dependencies themselves, I could more easily manage it if something
broke or hung during compilation. Successfully got 1.8.4 running, and
have have since upgraded to 1.8.5, on a iBook 800 w/10.2.6.

Hope you can get it working all right. It is a fine piece of software.

Jason

// Jason P. Schlumbohm <jpschlumbohm at comcast.net>
// http://hepatic.ath.cx/
// icq: 10838181 + Yahoo IM/AIM/iChat: jpschlumbohm