Split transactions, imports, and the db backend

Scott Wood woodsc at nycap.rr.com
Wed Sep 17 11:46:14 CDT 2003

Thanks for your repsonse.

I downloaded it from here:

http://people.redhat.com/notting/gnucash/

using the -Uvh avoided the segmentation fault, instead giving me a
faileddependencies:

gnucash = 1.8.1 is needed by (installed)
gnucash-backend-postgres-1.8.1-3

rpm -Uvh gnucash-backend-postgres-1.8.5-0.9.i386.rpm (downloaded from
the same site) yielded this:

gnucash = 1.8.5 is needed by gnucash-backend-postgres-1.8.5-0.9

(using either -Uvh or -ivh)

That sounds like a circular dependency to me.  Do I have to unhook one
of them, or use a force option?  --sw