save bug

Kaaren Shalom & Richard Gilligan cosmodog at comcast.net
Fri Sep 19 12:38:19 CDT 2003

On Friday, September 19, 2003, at 10:03 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> David Hampton <hampton at employees.org> writes:

>>> Yes.
>>
>> I see no reason why this shouldn't be made to work.  Clicking the
>> window
>> manager close box should be a valid way to exit any application.
>
> Yea, but it currently doesn't work right, and I think part of the
> problem is that if you have unsaved work there isn't a good way to pop
> up a dialog saying "wait" because you've already destroyed the main
> window.

So is it "clean" or "unclean" depending _entirely_ on the window
manager?

Using whatever wm apple has provided me I get a "Save Changes?"
dialogue when I click X to close the main gnucash window.  Is it a safe
  (clean) route for that wm?  Or do window managers fall into more than
two groups.

-Richard