french transaltion of the gnucash website ?

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Mon Sep 22 14:35:29 CDT 2003

Salut,

I am not sure of the status of the french translations.  There are some
old, old docs, but I don't think these have been updated in a long time.

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 08:06:32AM +0000, Toulzac Xavier was heard to remark:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using the last stable release of gnucash and I want to
> know if there is some French documentation?
>
> I take a look on the French mirror of gnucash.org but it not seems to be
> up to date. So, I tried to contact the webmaster (y-le-ny at ifrance.com)
> but mail server said "undeliverable: unknown user" ?

Yannick Le Ny has been gone for a long time ...

> My English writing is really far to be perfect, but I read English doc
> easily and I think I can help to translate some parts of the website or
> documentation to French language which is my native language ?

That would be great! I'd love to see an updated french website.
I can send you the web page sources if you think you can get started on
this.

> Feel free to contact me if you think I can help you.

Please subscribe to gnucash-user or gnucash-devel at gnucash.org mailing
lists to discuss translation issues.

--linas