error in compiling 1.8.7

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 24 16:09:15 CDT 2003

Bill Suit <bsuit at bellsouth.net> writes:

> Hi Derek, I don't know how to answer your question, as when I try the
> command 'libdb --version' I get a command not found by bash.(I ran it as
> root). Here is the output of a find:

libdb is a library, not an application...  If you were on Red Hat I
would suggest running:  "rpm -qa | grep db", but I dont know the
gentoo equivalent.

> hb3 root # find / -iname libdb*
[snip]

Looks like you've got at least db1 and 3 which should be fine,
but I have no idea why gnucash-docs isn't working for you.  Maybe
Chris can answer you...