Problems importing 1.4.9 data into 1.8.7

KMF katoom_kmf at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 27 09:56:26 CDT 2003

Howdy!

   GnuCash 1.8.7 (RedHat 9.0) is not correctly converting my
 existing 1.4.9 account file.  The "Import currency and stock
 information" dialog is displayed upon startup and leads me through
 a series of dialogs for stocks, mutual funds, etc.. into which
 I supply "Type", "Name" and "Ticker Symbol".  After completion
 of the file conversion the main account summary window displays
 incorrect values in the "Total" column for stocks, funds and their
 parent accounts. The value in the "Total" column appears to be
 the "Ticker" text string, e.g. CSCO, FMAGX, etc...

   Opening a stock account reveals that there are no entries in
 the "Shares", "Price", "Sell", or "Balance" columns although the
 "Buy" column seems to contain the buy price for the various
 stock purchases.

  Is there a special procedure to use for files this old?
 Any suggestions?  (This file contains the last three years
 of financial transactions as well as imported stock purchase
 information for the last dozen years.)

   Thanks for any help that you can offer!

         Katoom