Problems importing 1.4.9 data into 1.8.7

KMF katoom_kmf at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 27 21:12:47 CDT 2003

Howdy!

> Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
>
> KMF <katoom_kmf at yahoo.com> writes:
> >    GnuCash 1.8.7 (RedHat 9.0) is not correctly converting my
> >  existing 1.4.9 account file.
>
> Try going into 1.6.x first?

  *Much* easier said than done!   However, I'm trying and it's a big
 ugly mess of outdated packages and dependencies.  I can boot off
 either an old RH7.1 disk or a RH9.0 disk. One is too old for 1.6.X
 and the other is way too new.

   I'm really not certain of the least painful way to go about it.
It's
 been real ugly so far with no end in sight.

       Thanks,

       Katoom