Newby questions

Anthony E. Caudel acaudel at gt.rr.com
Sun Sep 28 23:22:41 CDT 2003

A couple of newby questions.  I am using GC 1.8.7 under Redhat 9.0.

1.  In the checking account register, where is the Memo field.  I notice
a Notes field is visible in the double-line view but it doesn't show up
in the reports.  I note however that the memo field is in the split
transaction view.

2.  Where would it be appropriate to put an Income Tax refund?  It
really isn't an Income.  Should it be a credit to Federal Tax?  Would
this mess up the tax calculations for the year?

Tony Caudel
   -- Benjamin Franklin