Employee section of the business menu

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Apr 2 17:18:40 EST 2004

On Friday 02 Apr 2004 20:13, Derek Atkins wrote:
> "Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net> writes:
> > As far as I can tell looking at it, it is intended for reimbursemt of
> > "cash" expenses - and not for tracking payroll/salary.  Is this a
> > correct assumption?
>
> At this point, yes..  The only real usage of Employees are for
> reimbursements.
>
> Gnucash doesn't do payroll.

Thanks Derek,

That makes sense.  I understand the process for accounting for payroll
within GC - just wanted to check that Business -> Employees wasn't some
sort of clever (undocumented) way to produce year-end reports for each
employee's deductions etc.

One question though - I am familliar with the A/P and A/R functionality -
can I set up tax tables for employees too?

EG an employee uses her personal credit card for some business purchase.
This purchase needs reimbursing, but also when I record it I want to split
the VAT out - just like in the A/P new bill entry process.

Or is the intention more like: employee submits a [daily | weekly | monthly]
expenses claim and then that is recorded as a n-line split transaction?

OK - 2 questions!

If I get sufficently up to speed on this section, I'll try to write some
draft docs for possible inclusion in the concepts guide.

> -derek

Cheers,
Maf.