check printing

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Sat Apr 3 01:59:59 EST 2004

Yes, you can use a 'laser taxi' to get around this problem. Essentially
its a sheet with adhesive strips for feeding one or two checks through
the printer. I got mine (and my checks) from http://www.bestchecks.com

Chris

PS These guys print super cheap checks and deliver fast. Ideal for
GnuCash :)

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 14:24, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> I've recently started using gnucash and have run into a problem with
> check printing.
>
> I use Quicken style Letter size sheets (3 checks to a page).  gnucash
> can print to this format just fine.  Allows me to select either the top,
> middle, or bottom check.
>
> The problem arises when I print just one check.  If I print one check on
> a new page (e.g. the top check), and then tear that one off, then I'm
> left with a 2 check partial page.  And if I print the 2nd (middle) check
> before detaching the first, then I'm left with yet a smaller page of
> only 1 check (which won't run through the printer).
>
> How does everyone deal with this? Or don't you use check printing?
>
> Thanks
> Kevin

RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert 2000 & NG
	|^|
	| |   |^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop