xfer between accounts question

bob belanger robert.a.belanger at verizon.net
Sat Apr 3 16:05:24 EST 2004

Hi,

I just started looking at stuff prior to doing my taxes and saw
something that I thought was strange.

It looks like I used the transfer button when I wrote a check to my wife
so that she might place some cash in her checking account.

The question is.. how come the check number the shows up in her account
is the same as the check number in my account. Even better <why> is
there a check number in her account ?

I would think that the transaction would show up as a deposit with no
number. In fact, this will cause major confusion when her check numbers
are in the same ball park as mine. i.e., duplicate check numbers, totaly
different transactions.

/bobb