Imbalance question

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Wed Apr 7 02:57:50 EDT 2004

The first transaction I entered into GnuCash was the first record on a
new bank account, where I was charged the monthly fee before I'd
deposited any funds, so I was $5 in arrears. I entered this as an
Expense:Bank Service Charge, but before I did the transfer to my
Chequing Account, it showed in the top of the account window as
"Imbalance-CAD" (I'm in Canada). What does "Imbalance" get used for?
Once I'd transferred to Chequing, it shows a zero balance, so does it
show only when there are items to reconcile?

Thanks,

--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

	www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support