is the project dead?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 8 09:55:47 EDT 2004

"Vyacheslav (Slava) Iutin" <iutin at hotbox.ru> writes:

> Hello.
>
> Just a question. Is the project dead? It was not updated since last
> November. When the next version (2.x, 1.8.9 ??) is planned?

Of course it's not dead.  Just because there hasn't been a release
doesn't mean it's dead!  It means that there haven't been bugs fixed
in the release software -- people have been working on the g2 port
instead of fixing bugs in 1.8.x.  Mostly.

Relax.  Gnucash isn't going away.  It's just slow going because the
developers are ALL volunteers and we ALL have other jobs keeping us
busy.

BUT..  If you had read the -devel list (which is where this kind
of information is discussed!) you would have seen a message about
1.8.9 in the last, oh, week or two.  It's planned for "soon".