Creating Gnucash invoices with XML/XSLT

gnucash-devel-bounces at gnucash.org gnucash-devel-bounces at gnucash.org
Mon Apr 5 10:16:08 EDT 2004

Hi,

This is probably more appropriate for gnucash-devel, so I've forwarded
it there.

Keep in mind that XML as a gnucash data format is deprecated, so do not
depend on your data being stored in XML.  Even so, modifying your XML file
out-of-band is an unsupported operation.

The documentation section you reference really talks about moving data OUT
of gnucash, not INTO gnucash.

Honestly, what really should happen is a CSV importer that allows you to
import business objects.  We've already got the code to read a CSV file,
but no code to DO anything with it.  If someone wanted to write a CSV
importer it would:

a) be greatly appreciated by many people,
b) solve most of these import problems,
c) be gladly accepted into the sources.

I dont know how we could ship an xslt; we could put one into CVS, and
probably even into the source tarball, but I have no clue where one
would install it.  And with the XML file going away I see little point
in distributing it in the long term.

-derek