Gnucash dying when trying to access report tool

Robert E. Harvey, M.D. rharvey at cox-internet.com
Tue Aug 3 10:02:02 EDT 2004

This is a continuation of a previous problem.  I previously had these
messages when starting gnucash from the command line:

Warning: xaccTransScrubCurrency: no common transaction currency found
Warning: xaccTransScrubCurrency: no common transaction currency found
Warning: xaccTransScrubCurrency: no common transaction currency found
Warning: xaccTransScrubCurrency: no common transaction currency found

** CRITICAL **: file gnc-transaction-xml-v2.c: line 443 (set_tran_date):
assertion `tm' failed.

With  some great help from Dale Alspach I was able to resolve the
"Warning: xaccTransScrubCurrency: no common transaction currency found"
problems.

I still have the warning:

** CRITICAL **: file gnc-transaction-xml-v2.c: line 443 (set_tran_date):
assertion `tm' failed.

on startup and trying to access the report writer still results in gnucash dying.  Has anyone had experience with this error message and gnucash dying.  And, more importantly, how do I fix it?

thanks.