`Balance' dialog box.. what is it for.

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Aug 5 12:11:47 EDT 2004

Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> writes:

> On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 11:42, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> How does this work in the case of importing a downloaded *qfx file?
>> When I tried it I didn't see any way short of editing each and every
>> incoming tranaction to provide for the other half of each one.
>
> Yup; it can't really guess.

Well, it may be a while since you've done this... but I backed up and
started over.  Following the wizard to get started.  I just accepted
the default accounts..
Followed along with the guide.

Then added my bank1 account.  When importing this time I see gnucash
has correctly guessed all of them.

One thing I stumbled over though is how to start over once you've
alread had a bad start.

I tried rm 'ing .gnucash and the save directory.  Then start gnucash but
the guide doesn't come up.  I get a dialog telling me it can't find
the stuff I just rm'ed.  Where is it keeping that info.

Erk... I just noticed the HBIsetup under help.  ...