reinstalling version 1.8.9

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at myaccess.com.au
Mon Aug 9 07:03:42 EDT 2004

I am trying to reinstall gnucash 1..8.9 from source on a Mandrake 9.2 system.
When I run ./configure, I get::

checking for guile... (cached) /usr//bin/guile
checking for guile - 1.3.4 <= version < 99.99.99... no
configure: warning: guile version check failed
configure: error:

  guile  does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not in the
  correct version range.  Perhaps you have not installed the guile
  development packages?  Right now gnucash requires at least version
  1.3.4 to build.

I have guile 1.6.4 installed and there is no "devel" package. What have I
missed?

Doug.

--
ICQ Number 178748389. Registered Linux User No. 277548.
Most men are within a finger's breadth of being mad.