log files don't log account creation?

cosmodog at comcast.net cosmodog at comcast.net
Tue Aug 10 16:16:18 EDT 2004

I recently had need to recover some "unsaved" work by "replaying" a log
file.

All the transactions seem to have been recovered but I noticed that
accounts that were created after the last "save" were not recreated by
replaying the log file and transactions that included those accounts
were created in a bizarre state:

The transaction is created with the transfer account left blank.

"Check and repair" does not correct the transaction but prints a
message to the terminal like "xacc no common currency found". (Normally
after doing "check and repair" I would expect to see a transaction like
this posted to "Imbalenced_USD")

The transaction can be clicked into, _text_ fields edited, and left
without triggering the cryptic three option "rebalance transaction"
dialogue normally seen when leaving a transaction lacking a transfer
account.

Editing the _value_ of either split gets you to the  "rebalance
transaction" dialogue with four options, all of which have no effect
and print "Warning: PrintAmountInternal: Bad numeric." to the terminal.

I expect that creating accounts might be an unimplemented feature.  My
real concern is what/where is the mystery transfer account that is
balancing these transactions and how do I discover and correct the
transactions that are "posted" to it?

TIA

Richard