log files don't log account creation?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 10 19:52:33 EDT 2004

jdebert <jdebert at garlic.com> writes:

> cosmodog at comcast.net wrote:
>> I recently had need to recover some "unsaved" work by "replaying" a
>> log file.
>>

> more or less what I had reported to the list earlier.
>
> Was apparently ignored as i got jumped on instead with the assumption
> that i lacked a backup policy and failed to do backups.
>
> You might also get "criticised" for "failing to properly backup".

"save early, save often"...

Seriously...

No, the logger does not log new/changed account information.  Nor does
it log business feature changes or other metadata changes.  There are
no plans to fix the logger or log-replay.  Instead, the plan is to
change to an embedded SQL database which enables "save on commit"
(read: no more "save" function required).