reinstalling version 1.8.9

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at myaccess.com.au
Thu Aug 12 00:10:26 EDT 2004

Further to these two posts, it would seem that following a reinstall, I had
two conflicting versions of gnucash installed.  I was previously running
1.8.9.  The reinstall put back 1.8.6.  I have uninstalled the RPM, but I
still have a working version of 1.8.9 with the gnucash executable in
/usr/local/bin.  Running "make uninstall" from a newly extracted tarball
produced error messages (from memory, I need the original Makefile.)  I am
still getting the error message about guile.

I could try to continue with what remains, but that isn't desirable.  What do
I need to remove to start again with a "clean sheet"?  Sorry if this is not
exactly a gnucash problem, but for all I know, it might vary with the
program.  1.8.9 installed straightforwardly from source, originally.

Doug.

--
ICQ Number 178748389. Registered Linux User No. 277548.
Love doesn't make the world go 'round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile.