documentation

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 14:29:20 EDT 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 6:18, skyrocker67 at yahoo.com wrote:
> where can i find a printable version of the gnucash documentation? ive
> found it on line but would like to have it in pdf or open office format

There are already TeX and Docbook formats available that can be converted into
PDF using command line tools.
http://cvs.gnucash.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gnucash/src/doc/design/
http://cvs.gnucash.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gnucash-docs/guide/C/

The .xml files are in DocBook format:
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html

Docbook files are SGML and can be transformed into HTML, PDF, TXT and other
types. docbook2html, docbook2pdf and docbook2txt being just some of the tools
I use with docbook.

The Gnucash Design documentation can be generated using texi2html or texi2pdf.
I've generated this copy using texi2html
http://www.codehelp.co.uk/texi/gnucash-design.html

--

Neil Williams