Email Invoices

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Mon Aug 16 17:01:26 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 07:51:28PM +0100, Neil Williams was heard to remark:

> I still like the original idea - print to a PS file and attach the file. Print
> to a PDF if you like. Isn't adding an email client a bit of a distraction
> from the main objective of GnuCash? I can't see many users not having an
> existing, preferred, email client with all their config and address books. It
> seems a waste for users to have to import their address book and email
> settings when all that is already available.

Yes, exactly.  At this time, it would still be a lot of work to
make gnucash auto-launch an email client, and the user still has
a reasonable work-around.   Much as i'd like to have a slick 'email
this' button in gnucash, I think that the gnome-desktop has not yet
provided sufficient tools to make this possible.

--linas