Email Invoices

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 16 17:59:56 EDT 2004

Doctorcam <cam at ellisonpsychology.ca> writes:

> I'd think that having more flexibility with respect to designing
> invoices would stand ahead of being able to email them.  The current
> design seems good for certain kinds of businesses (i.e. those that
> deal in physical objects), but definitely does not work for a
> consulting practice.  And no, I don't have time to learn Scheme and
> roll my own, and I'm not complaining.

Uhh..  I beg to differ -- the current system works quite well for a
consulting practice.  Indeed, I wrote it specifically for my personal
consulting practice.  So I have no idea why you don't think it works
for one, or indeed wasn't designed for one.

I do concede that the current invoices are ugly.  They weren't
designed to be pretty, they were designed to make the information
available.  Feel free to submit patches to make it easier to create
templates.  The "fancy invoice" is one such prettier invoice format,
however it was never completely templatized (a bunch of information is
hard-coded in the scheme instead of pulled out of options).