Email Invoices

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Mon Aug 16 18:24:06 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 05:57:34PM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:
>
> > Yes, well, that, and also asking the user what subject line to use,
> > and asking them if they want to compose a cover letter to explain the
> > attachment, and helping them choose the list of email addreesses out
> > of thier address-book, and then remembering those addresses so that
> > we can re-use them next time ...
>
> The subject line can be hard-coded into a preference.  The cover

well, that woul'd rather suck, now wouldn't it?

> letter, IMHO, can again be a short text as a preference..  "Here is
> your invoice from <business name> as of <invoice date>".  The email
> address is already stored in the customer information.

We must be talking about two different things.  My Cover letters
say things like, "Hi Joe, this is what I was telling you about over the
phone, and the details are half way down, talk to you later, bye".

You're talking about form letters, and for that, I suppose that's great.

But *none* of my interesting gnucash reports are "invoices",
none have "customers" associated with them.  I usually just
email snippets out of the register reports.  So solving the
problem narrowly for business invoices just leaves me cold;
its a broader problem than that.

--linas