edit splits in posted invoices

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 16 18:39:09 EDT 2004

Roger Keays <roger.keays at ninthave.net> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed you cannot edit the transfer accounts for invoice items once that
> invoice has been posted. This makes it a little difficult to reorganize your
> accounts.
>
> What is the reason behind this? Would it be a valid feature request to change
> this behaviour?

Unpost and repost the invoice.

The reason is that invoices exist "outside" the CoA, and there's no
way to call back from the CoA into the invoice code when a
split/transaction has changed.  So, in order to prevent a user from
screwing themselves over by changing invoice transactions I made it
impossible to change the invoice transaction.

You can still rename accounts and move accounts within the hierarchy.
You just can't split/combine accounts.

You can ask for this feature, but I don't intend to ever implement it
which means it will probably never happen.