Love Gnucash -- A few questions though . .

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 19 12:55:42 EDT 2004

David Frascone <dave at frascone.com> writes:

>> There's a python script that someone wrote to help download OFX files.
>> I think there's a pointer in the FAQ.  If not, there should be ;)
>>

> I looked briefly at this, but it looked like it was for using the direct
> connect OFX functionality.  Did I misread?  Was the script designed to
> populate fields in a non-standard screen to download an OFX file?

Yes, this script uses DirectConnect.  Does your bank not support
DirectConnect?  Does Quicken/Money not support your Bank?

> My bank uses netteller, which *really* sucks . . .

No clue what that is.

> I'll look into python for doing the web grab.

You're welcome to use perl or shell or whatever... I was just pointing
out this particular script because it does support the vast majority
of Banks (which support DirectConnect).