Love Gnucash -- A few questions though . .

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 19 14:40:24 EDT 2004

David Blomquist <dbl at tentra.com> writes:

> I'm sure you get bugged about this a lot but I'm really looking forward
> to a stable SQL backend.  I am using gnucash for business and my goal is
> to integrate open source apps, including gnucash, by using the same SQL
> backend.  I have read over the SQL info on the gnucash website but is
> there a timeline for a SQL backend that supports the business functions?

It'll happen when it happens.  We're volunteers, all with real jobs,
so it gets done when we have time.  There's no real timeline.  Find a
few hundred thousand dollars a year so we can hire a handful of devs
full time and then we can talk about real timelines.  Until then,
however, it's "when Derek, Linas, David, Benoit, Chris, Christian, and
the other developers find the time to work on it."