Reconciling credit card (liability) accounts

Ashvin Goel ashvin at acm.org
Thu Aug 19 14:53:31 EDT 2004

Hi Derek,

You are mostly right. The "transfer funds" happens only for recording a
payment and there is a preference to turn it off. Thanks for clarifying
that.

However, it is possible to "finish" a reconciliation even when your
reconciliation is not balanced. Try using the menu on the left side of
the reconcile dialog. The "finish" button can be clicked and then you
can say okay to the warning. Next the "transfer funds" dialog pops up.
Again, this led me to believe that the "transfer funds" also occurs when
   your reconciliation is not balanced.

Thanks
Ashvin