setting up a scheduled transaction

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Aug 20 05:11:53 EDT 2004

On Friday 20 Aug 2004 07:40, Dino Vliet wrote:
> Hi people,
>

> I want to setup a scheduled transaction for this in
> Gnucash to record that my checking's account increase
> monthly by 600 euro's but at the same time my
> Liability increases with this value of 600 also.

Note that _every_ transaction in GC has to show money moving from one account
to another.  So what you are actually doing is moving €600 from your
liability (increasing the sum you owe to the loan provider) and depositing it
in your check account (increasing what you actually have).  It might seem a
bit non-intuitive to increase two things at once, but that is how it works.

> In the template transaction part of the scheduled
> transaction, I've filled in:
> number, description, account,debit formula where debit
> formula is the value of 600. Is this correct?

I think that in the SX editor, you have the debit formula of €600 to your
checking account, and a credit formula of €600 to your liability:loan
account.
I can never remember which way round the debit & credit formulae work... I
always seem to get it wrong!  If that works "in reverse", just swap the
accounts for debit/credit.

Hope that is clearer now,

Maf.