Newbie with a startup business

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.hn.org
Wed Aug 25 11:59:36 EDT 2004

I'm starting a business and I have a few transactions to put into the GnuCash
file. I set up a chart of accounts and am not sure what to do next. I have a
homegrown database with transactions and accounts, where each supplier is a
separate account. Here's an example transaction set:

2004-03-26: Credit the friend who's helping me start, debit cash $A+B.
2004-03-26: Credit cash, debit supplier ALM $B.
2004-03-26: Credit cash, debit supplier EOU $A.
2004-04-05: Credit EOU, debit inventory $A.
2004-04-10: Credit ALM, debit inventory $B.

How do I enter that into GnuCash? The last two transactions are not monetary;
they are when the packages arrived from the suppliers.

phma
--
li fi'u vu'u fi'u fi'u du li pa