fundlibrary quotes

Boyd Kelly (Coast Systems) bkelly at coastone.ca
Wed Dec 1 22:44:27 EST 2004

I have 4 funds in a watch list on FundLibary.com.  One of those is the
Templeton Global Smaller Companies Fund, which according to FundLibary
has the following symbols:  TML694, TML707, TML737.  In addition on
their 'FundCard' they seem to reference some kind of internal id:
13872:207:TEM.

So I have tried the following:

[root at ns1 bin]# dump-finance-quote  fundlibrary TML694

The query for TML694 failed!!
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: TML694 (deduced)     <=== required
      date: ** missing **        <=== required
  currency: CAD                  <=== required
      last:                      <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional
[root at ns1 bin]# dump-finance-quote  fundlibrary 13872:207:TEM

The query for 13872:207:TEM failed!!
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: 13872:207:TEM (deduced) <=== required
      date: ** missing **        <=== required
  currency: CAD                  <=== required
      last:                      <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

In addition, us Canadians could maybe use the bmonesbittburns source.
(That is actually my broker!).  And their symbol for the above fund is
TML707.  Gives the following:

[root at ns1 bin]# dump-finance-quote bmonesbittburns TML707

The query for TML707 failed!!
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: TML707 (deduced)     <=== required
      date: //2004               <=== required
  currency: CAD                  <=== required
      last:                      <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional
[root at ns1 bin]#

Hope that provides some clues?

Thanks very much,

Boyd