Tutorial problem working split credit card transaction

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 6 23:58:16 EST 2004

Hi,

"Robert A. Rawlinson" <rarawlinson at rvwifi.com> writes:

> I have version 1.8.6 and I am working thru the tutorial. I am at 6.5.1
> and I am trying to enter the split transaction. Every time I enter the
> example and press enter the whole entry just goes away. Am I doing
> something wrong or is this some problem? Help! I am trying to dump ms
> win and this is one of the last ties I still have to ms.
> Bob

I see no example of split transactions in section 6.5.1:

http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v1.8/C/gnucash-guide/cc_together1.html#cc_together_purchases2

So, without more information about exactly what you're doing I don't
know how to suggest getting it to work for you.  However, I will point
out that 1.8.6 is rather old; 1.8.9 is current and 1.8.10 is due to be
released any day now.

Good Luck,

-derek

PS: Please remember to cc: the list on any replies.