associate jpeg image of reciept with a transaction?

jdebert jdebert at garlic.com
Wed Dec 8 23:24:30 EST 2004

Rich Johnson wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 8, 2004, at 02:57 PM, jdebert wrote:
>
>> [...snip...]
>> There are fast optical check scanners available that can handle many
>> receipts but they are quite expensive, proprietary and only supported
>> with windoze. They can handle receipts up to 2.75 inches wide. A fast
>> scanner that can handle up to a seven-inch wide receipt of arbitrary
>> length, as produced by some stores, is pretty rare though.
>

> Really??
>
> I would think that any of those all-in-one fax/printer/scanners would be
> sufficient.  A sheet of paper, transparent tape and scissors, and you're
> all set.  You even have a standard size for filing.

It is adequate. But it quickly becomes a very tedious chore.

I don't want to do it anymore. There are better uses for my time.

If I can scan them I won't need to hang out with the bookkeeper so much.
But scanning has to be easy.

 > (Assuming you don't need OCR reading of the check #, of course)

That would be nice to have. Some of the higher-end check scanners do OCR
or MICR reads as well as imaging.

--
=-=
jd