New Mandrake 10.1 install Gnucash won't start

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu Dec 9 01:25:02 EST 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> writes:
>

>>Hi Derek:
>>
>>Will do ... could you tell me which fonts are needed for the most
>>basic operation of GnuCash.  It looks like other people have had the
>>same problem with their installation of GnuCash and Mandrake.  I am
>>sure they will want to fix the font issue.
>>

>I have no idea.  Which ones did you install to make it work?
>I don't use Mandrake so I have no way to test it.
>

>>Cheers
>>
>>Marc
>>

>-derek

I just installed all of the Win98 font files.  However, here is what
someone wrote in the Mandrake discussion group when I asked for help:

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 22:58:07 -0500, Marc Paré wrote:

>> I just installed Mdk 10.1 and GnuCash no longer starts!  Any ideas?

Had the same problem here. Turned out to be a font problem. Install
xorg-x11-100dpi-fonts and/or xorg-x11-75dpi-fonts to solve the
problem. For some reason these are not installed with the default MDK
10.1 install.

Does this make sense?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers