associate jpeg image of receipt with a transaction?

jdebert jdebert at garlic.com
Sat Dec 11 17:52:20 EST 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:
> jdebert <jdebert at garlic.com> writes:
>

>>I don't care about OCR, myself. I simply would like to reference or
>>link an external file. If one gets too busy to enter the information
>>then a bookkeeper would be a better choice and is far more accurate
>>than OCR. It's not expensive, unless they're hired full-time.
>

> Any reason you can't put this in the transaction notes?
>
> -derek

Do you mean the Description field?

If so...

Yes. Info overload. It makes it cluttered and less
clear/evident/obvious. Raises questions in audits. Et cetera...

I had more than just linking to external files in mind, and I really did
mean linking, not merely inserting a reference somewhere. A field for
such a link would make the apparent obvious and thus make auditors and
auditees quite happy.

Kids and birds can be so demanding when one is already too busy... :)

--
=-=
jd

i is a by-product of public education.