LANG Issue

Robert Uhl ruhl at 4dv.net
Sun Dec 12 20:18:04 EST 2004

I'm encountering some issues with setting LANG.  You see, although I'm
an American I do _not_ use American spellings, and so I've set my
display manager to log me in with LANG set to en_GB.UTF-8.
Unfortunately, GnuCash thinks that this means that I'm in the UK and
thus sets the default currency to pounds.

I figured out how to defeat this (Preferences:International, IIRC), but
it is still displaying my accounts (all of which are in dollars) as in
'USD' rather than in '$'.  What is the proper way to resolve this?  I
definitely want my various apps to default to British spelling
(particularly word processors and chat programmes), and I'd like GnuCash
to do the same if possible, but I also want my dollars to display as
dollars.

12 is divisible by both the sum of its digits (making it a Niven number)
and the product of its digits.