Upgrading to 1.8.10 - need help

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 15 18:52:25 EST 2004

Divakar R <divakar_r at sancharnet.in> writes:

> Hi:
>
> I am running gnuCash 1.8.0 that came with SuSE Linux 8.2. I had unsuccessfully
> tried earlier to upgrade to 1.8.9 and would now like to try again, to 1.8.10.
> Here is my first attempt:
>
> 1. Downloaded gnucash-1.8.10-1.RH7.3.i386.rpm; tried install with YaST2 and
> got failed dependencies: g-wrap>=1.3.4, libgal.so.19, libgtkhtml.so.20,
> libguile.so.6, libgwrap-glib.so.1, libgwrap-wct.so.1, libqthreads.so.0.

What makes you think that a RH7.3 RPM would work on SuSE?

> 2. Tried to install g-wrap-1.3.4 and got failed dependencies libguile.so.9 and
> libqthreads.so.0

Same question.

> I don't understand. Do I need to downgrade guile so as to get libguile.so.6
> instead of libguile.so.12? However, g-wrap requires libguile.so.9?? If
> someone still using SuSE 8.2 has upgraded to 1.8.10, I would appreciate some
> pointers to the correct rpms to be loaded in the correct order.
>
> I am using gnuCash for my personal accounts and am quite happy with it, but
> would like to upgrade to 1.8.10 to try out the access to quotes for Indian
> Mutual Funds, as stated in the 1.8.10 announcement.

You will need to find an RPM for SuSE, or you will need to rebuild it
yourself.  Search the archives of this list for previous examples.
SuSE pacakges g-wrap and Guppi inside the gnucash rpm so you
wont find separate RPMs for those packages on SuSE.

I recommend you start with the SuSE RPM and update it appropriately.