QIF Invoice Example

David Bottomley david at appliedCRM.com
Thu Dec 16 14:01:47 EST 2004

>>> There is no such example because you can't do it.
>>
>> Can't import an invoice in any form?
>> Or can't import as a QIF?

> Both.  Eventually the former problem will be solved by Neil Williams
> and his QSF code.  The latter will (most likely) never be supported.

What about a "Sales Order"?  I was trying to import an invoice because it
looks like Sales Orders (SO) are not supported in gnucash -- true?
Perhaps I'm going about this all wrong -- can someone suggest another
approach to what I'm attempting(?):
 1) I'd like gnucash to recognize that I have some work that will generate
revenue at some time in the future, like a SO does.
 2) At that time in the future, I'd like to move value from the SO to an
asset account.
 3) I'd also like to import, or connect to, the source that generates these
SO-like things and the transactions that move SO value into a different
account -- I planned to use qif imports for this.

---