Upgrading to 1.8.10 - need help

Divakar R divakar_r at sancharnet.in
Tue Dec 28 12:38:30 EST 2004

On Wednesday 22 Dec 2004 19:51, Dan Black wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 14:03, Divakar R wrote:
> > On Thursday 16 Dec 2004 01:32, Dan Black wrote:
> > > You will need an rpm for SuSE not the Red Hat rpm.
> > >
> > > If you search from rpm.pbone.net, you can at least find a 1.8.8 rpm for
> > > SuSE 8.2.
> >
> > Thanks for your response. I tried the RH rpm among others available for
> > version 1.8.10 since SuSE rpms are not available. I have tried a few

> > # rpm -e --test gnucash
> > error: removing these packages would break dependencies:
> >         gnucash >= 1.8.0 is needed by gnucash-docs-1.8.3-0.pm.0
>
> Instead of trying to install them one at a time, install them all at one
> time.
>
> rpm -options file1 file2 file3 ...
>
> I don't think the files need to be in any order on the command line.
>
> Dan

This one did the trick (I mean installed without failed deps):
rpm -Uvh g-wrap-1.3.4-0.pm.5.i586.rpm guile-1.6.2-15.i586.rpm
openhbci-0.9.13-1.i586.suse82.rpm gnucash-docs-1.8.3-0.pm.0.i586.rpm
gnucash-1.8.8-0.pm.6.i586.rpm

The order seems to be important in the sense that if the gnucash rpm is listed
before the others, I get failed deps. I also had to remove existing SuSE
stock gnucash, gnucash-docs and guile before this (I used YaST2 for this).

Started gnucash using /opt/gnome/bin/gnucash in a terminal and got:
ERROR: Could not find slib/require.scm in  ("/usr/share/guile"
"/opt/gnome/share/gnucash/guile-modules" "/opt/gnome/share/gnucash/scm" ""
"/usr/share/guile/site" "/usr/share/guile/1.6" "/usr/share/guile" ".")

Found a lot of scm files (Scheme?) under /opt/gnome/share/gnucash/scm, but no
require.scm. Also, rpm -ql <package> | grep require.scm did not list
require.scm as being part of any of gnucash, gnucash-docs, g-wrap, guile or
gal. Uninstall - reinstall of gnucash using rpm -e / rpm -Uvh for gnucash and
gnucash-docs did not help.

$rpm -q --whatprovides require.scm
no package provides require.scm

Finally found require.scm at /usr/share/slib and also realised this is from
package slib. I have version 2d5 from SuSE 8.2 and upgraded to 3a1. It seems
that moving the slib folder and contents to the gnucash scm folder will help.
For example, creating a slib folder and copying require.scm into it results
in a error message for mklibcat etc... but it is not a solution I like.

Any further advise, please?

Thanks for all replies.

Regards,
Divakar