Cheque v. Check

Ken Gordon ksg at telusplanet.net
Thu Dec 30 19:22:44 EST 2004

It really only depends on where you live - to Canadian and British eyes,
"check" normally looks like a verb and "cheque" like a noun, except on
those few occasions when the verb is nouned, as in "I'll do a check on
that." or when it's used in combination with, for example, "up".

And for those of us who have been putting up with "check" in financial
programs (or is it programmes?) for years, this does seem like a bit of
justice. But certainly, those who live in the US should have the choice.

--
Ken Gordon