Private mortgage accounting

doug lemans4 at dodo.com.au
Sat Feb 7 16:48:38 CST 2004

One way to do it semi automatically would be to set up your own mortgage. Loop
the details to & from a cash account so i does not impact on anything, then
the interest that is calculated could be moved over each month manually to
the asset account (ie as Derek has said)
  The mechanism of this is that your asset account will move equal & opposite
to the mortgage account. (the mortgage account is not used in reports, or at
tax time though.)

regards doug.