Gnucash Installation from Source

Brent Scott qubit at mail.com
Sat Feb 7 23:12:44 CST 2004

Derek,

The problem was:
open("/usr/local/install/glibc2.3/lib/libpq.so.3", O_RDONLY) = -1

The reason for this is that the development machine I'm using to build gnucash has two version of glibc installed. My compiler is set to use the newer version (which I had forgotten to unset for this build). To resolve the issue I just did an 'ln -s' to point to the library it was trying to access. Gnucash now runs with no errors at all. I will be building these binaries on a system with the default glibc and gcc to create some RPM's for TurboLinux so there should be none of these lib issues.

I'll go ahead and post my list of directions, which has details about the dependencies as well, in case it may be useful to others with RPM, specifically TurboLinux, based systems.

Now if only I can figure out why the libxml test was failing . . .

-Br-